Chippy, our Elf on the Shelf has been with us for almost 10 days and I think he maybe running out of places to fly back to. After searching the internet all I found was some naughty little Elves, making powder sugar snow angles and having marshmallow fights. My kiddies don’t need any ideas on how to get into trouble, they do a fine job all by themselves. Here are some elf on the shelf ideas – from the traditional hiding in the Christmas Tree to cleaning the bathroom mirror.
1. Sneaking in the Stocking and 2. Hiding out in the Christmas Tree
3. Fixing Toys with some Tools
4. My four year old came up with this idea “Chippy must get cold flying all the way to the North Pole every night, we should make him Hot Chocolate” – she is so thoughtful of others.
5. Taking a Shower – I used toilet paper for his “towels”
6. Listening to some Christmas music on the iPod
7. Reading a book…like The Elf on the Shelf
8. Cleaning Windows or 9. Vacuuming
10. Playing Dress up (for those of you with boys dressing up like a super hero)
11. Making himself a snack in the play Kitchen
13. Eating a healthy snack (I used the top of a peeler to get the tiny “bit” marks)
I hope this sparks some creativity when placing your Elf on the Shelf tonight, I will be back on Monday with 12 more ideas.
modellen bureauDecember 12, 2011 at 4:03 pm
It’s a nice blog you have over here! It’s very usefull information for me and I just want to thank you for that! If you post more threads as this one, I’ll follow your blog active!
LindsayNovember 14, 2012 at 8:55 pm
This is going to be our first year with an Elf on the Shelf, and I’m so excited! I was also getting a little nervous because all the cute ideas I found online were of the elf being bad. LOL thought I do like the powdered sugar snow angels! Thanks for some cute, nice ideas.
505designNovember 20, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Haha, I like the powdered sugar angel too – but I KNOW my daughter will try that for herself. I hope your kids enjoy their elf!
CaraDecember 7, 2012 at 10:48 pm
When you have her in places like the shower how do you shower without moving her since you can’t touch her or she’ll lose her magic. I’m struggling with that part. I’ve seen cute ideas like the elf fishing for goldfish crackers on the toilet but then we can’t use the toilet!
505designDecember 10, 2012 at 10:23 am
I put him in my kids shower which doesn’t get used. You can just put the elf in the bathroom counter wrapped in the “towels” like he/she just got out of the shower.